Wednesday, May 12, 2010

DVD Review: Soul Sweat


Last week I felt like trying out a dance workout so I checked out Soul Sweat with Chantal Pierrat. WARNING: Doing a dance workout requires SOME level of dancing skills. Now, I always thought I was a fairly decent dancer, but after watching myself awkwardly shake my hips while working my core and fumbling with dance moves like the "earth walk," I realized there's more to dancing than bumping and grinding. On to the actual DVD...

I was disappointed with the DVD format. The workout was good and I actually worked up a good sweat and felt a good burn the next day, but there's only ONE workout on the entire DVD! They try to fool you by saying there's the full 45 minute soul sweat, along with a 30 minute quick sweat. So the first time I used it I did the quick sweat along with the cool down. Despite it being awkward for me, I still enjoyed the workout and looked forward to the soul sweat. Little did I know, the soul sweat is just the quick sweat with an extra 15 minutes of dance workout before it. So it's really just ONE full workout program disguised as two! Blasphemy!

So overall, I wouldn't really recommend this workout DVD, unless of course, you feel the need to humiliate yourself and lower your self-esteem about your dance skills. Or maybe that's just me. But aside from that, I'm hopeful there are better dance workout DVDs out there and I'm determined to find them and post about them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment