Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Get Lent Into Shape! (I'll come up with a less cheesy title, promise)


A few months ago, I did the impossible: I quit the qym.

Why you may ask? Well, the gym that I went to was about 7 miles away from my house, so I had to drive a total of almost 15 miles 3 to 4 times a week just to go running and running and spinning and spinning to nowhere. Plus, I was paying for this torture. So I thought to myself, "What's the point of spending money on a gym membership AND gas to go to the gym, when I could get a perfectly good workout through other means?" Of course these other means include either swimming, playing tennis, (actually) running, OR working out at home with a DVD.

My mom's been a fan of at-home workout DVDs for quite a while now, and honestly, I always thought it was something only bored unemployed housewives did. But after seeing my gas bills go up and losing the motivation to further pollute the earth with my gas emissions and contribution to energy emissions at the 24 hour gym I went to, I decided to give workout DVDs a shot. And what better way to save money (and know my taxes are going to good use) than to get these DVDs at the public library!

So I've decided to do a weekly review of workout DVDs that I get from the library and post about them here!

This week: Bryan Kest's Power Yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment