Wednesday, September 29, 2010

WORLD VEGETARIAN DAY!

My favorite Simpsons episode :D

That's right greenies, this Friday October 1st is.................wait for it......................

WORLD VEGETARIAN DAY!!!!

What is this magical day all about? Well to be honest, in my 8 years of being a vegetarian, I've never heard of this day. I knew there just HAD to be a day dedicated to vegetarianism, and I'm sure there's one for vegans too, so I'm not surprised to learn of this most special day.

This day is basically a day to promote vegetarianism. Being a vegetarian means a lot more than just being an animal lover. Most people don't realize vegetarianism is good for the planet and can help stop world hunger. Every time I get into it, I feel like a preacher to my friends. But i guess this Friday I can preach all I want! Woooot!

Here's an informative flyer from www.worldvegetarianday.org that briefly explains how going meatless can help the planet...
So in honor of the day, I challenge all you meat eaters to try going meatless for just one day. You'll notice it's not that hard, and you'll probably sleep better knowing you did something great for mother nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment