Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Vegan Beer?!

Enjoying some happy hour (VEGAN) beer at Gyu-Kaku! aka Budweiser :P

That's right. Apparently some beer is made with animal products!!!! Like, ew. It's kind of like how I don't eat jell-o and marshmallows because it contains gelatin, which is derived from animal parts. But beer? I never really LOVED beer anyway (I'm more of a cocktail or wine kinda chick) but now I have to be weary of certain brands??! What?!

......

Okay, so I did a little more research and some of those non-vegan beer don't actually contain animal products per se. It's more like they are filtered through products derived from animal products like gelatin. Some beers also contain honey. Since I'm merely a vegetarian, I don't mind the honey. But for those who are a little more hardcore than me, be weary.

Well fortunately, even if you're just a plain old vegetarian like moi or even just someone who simply cares, it's not too hard to avoid the non-vegan beers. Most of the non-vegan beers are from foreign manufacturers and are really far and few between.

Of the well known beers, Newcastle is the only NO-NO.

For a complete list of vegan and non-vegan alcohol check out http://www.barnivore.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment